Thursday, February 16, 2012

PLAN A OR PLAN B

Good morning dear ones!  The title for this blog was selected yesterday and today I sat down at my laptop and immediately, a “test”.  That would be Plan B.
Every day, it seems, I’m given an opportunity to evaluate if I have given everything to my King.
For me it was the writing of my weekly Blog. 
Can’t type and publish if the equipment turns itself off, can we?
My patience was tested: I began going where I shouldn’t go-“what if” land.  After all I had the day planned and I had much to do. I prayed, removed the battery, prayed some more and then put it back in. It started up but then there was trouble with the router and finally a message came on offering to repair the start-up.  Tick, tock, time was fleeting.  I prayed again and it did self repair.
During the time the repair took I remembered that earlier I had been distracted did not have my usual time in the Lord’s presence.
The distraction was my new phone and time that would have been spent in the Word was sidelined and then interrupted by breakfast and other home responsibilities.
I’m sorry to say this is not a onetime occurrence.  I’m happy to say that the Lord is serious about our time together and He lets me know when I run into my day without consulting Him! Today was one of those “divine interruptions”
I so need His order in my day, every day.  Left to my own devices I let my guard down and my ADD takes over.
Before going any further I saved my draft, closed the laptop and went to the place the Lord is always waiting, in His Word.  My heart cry being, “Word of God speak…”
So many verses run through my mind…ones that keep me grounded and encouraged as well as corrected when my eyes have been blinded by the world.
I don’t have to walk this walk dependent on my resources…truly they are nothing compared to those of my Savior.  Besides His Word tells me to cast all my cares upon Him…for He cares for me; paying careful attention to how I walk – not as unwise but wise – making the most of the time, because the days are evil. 
A special passage of scripture has been and continues to be a life-line to me as I walk the path the Lord has put me on.  It is found in Philippians, chapter 4, verses 4 – 8.
“ Rejoice in the Lord always.  I will say it again; rejoice!  Let your graciousness be known to everyone.  The Lord is near.  Don’t worry about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition,with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.  And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.  Finally brothers, (sisters) whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable – if there is any moral excellence and if there is any praise – dwell on these things.”
I needed a heart check and a fresh infilling of His spirit. 
I closed His Word and I was, as always, amazed at how much our God loves me.
Amazed at how much He loves each one of you.
We can rest in His warm embrace knowing we are not competent in ourselves, but He, our Savior Jesus, is sufficient in all things!! Right now He is interceding on your behalf and on my behalf with the Father!
Precious ones, think about it…right now…this very moment….Jesus is praying for you!  Why?  Because He loves you…….to the moon and back…forever!!
Turns out..whatever His plan is….it is always best!
Until next time, sending love your way,
Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment