Friday, July 20, 2012

Say What??????????

Good Morning,

Words.

I'm thinking of words as a new day begins.

From a young child I was told "Be careful what you say...you may have to eat your words."
Unfortunately after words leave our lips they seem to take on a life all their own.  Can't erase spoken words can we, much less eat them? No they are gone..good or bad; encouraging or crushing.


"Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks." Matthew 12:34

A heart issue.

"Keep your heart with all diligence, for out of it spring the issues of life" Proverbs 18:21

'Thy Word I have treasured in my heart that I may not sin against Thee" Psalm 119:11

Words have power.

"There is one who speaks rashly like the thrusts of a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing."Proverbs12:18

"A gentle answer tuns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.  The tongue of the wise makes knowledge acceptable, but the mouth of fools spouts folly" ..... "A soothing tongue is a tree of life, but perversion in it crushes the spirit." Proverbs 15:1-2, 4


I'm among a group of ladies studying James this summer.  It is a good mix of ages and stages.
My favorite kind of gathering.

We have had transparent discussions: some heart warming and others gut wrenching.  This study has "hit me where I live".

As I think of these precious sisters in Jesus and what a blessing it is for me to be in their midst my mind turns to you.

I imagine like me you sometimes are aghast at what comes out of your mouth.

If you haven't studied James or it's been awhile, I recommend you gather a group of your sisters together and check out Beth Moore's "James.  If you do (or have) I'd love to hear back from you and what your "take-away" is.

Dear God,
Thank you for Your Word.  May I and my sisters, keep it ever before us so that are speech will be pleasant and lift others up.  May we love our neighbors with Your love and speak words that honor you. Amen.


Until next time, sending love your way,
Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment