Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Joy


And what brings me joy?

The sights and sounds of a summer day at the beach:
White, soft sand, caressing my toes and the sound of seagulls flying over head.
Striped umbrellas decorating the seascape...while providing cover for a baby sleeping peacefully lulled by the waves breaking on the shore.
Clouds  over head forming ethereal shapes.
Sheer joy wrapped in peace.

The sweet fragrance of cut grass after a Spring rain.
Fresh green leaves bursting forth to announce Winter has come and gone.
Memories of childhood days filled with lilacs, daffodils and pansies.
The apple trees at my gram's home that produced beautiful fruit year after year.
Giggles and smiles making dolls out of hollyhocks growing wildly along grandpa's barn.
Sensory joy wrapped in beauty.

God's presence as we walk together realizing His dream for sharing His Word.
Listening for His voice during the wee hours of the morning.
Sharing where God found me when He rescued me and transferred me into the
Kingdom of His dear Son.
Seeing Jesus on the faces of those I love.
Reading, studying and meditating on His Word.
Divine joy wrapped in wisdom.

As this song I first sang as a child resounds -

I've got the everlovin' love of Jesus, down in my heart; down in my heart to stay.  Glory!!!!

Wishing you His Joy!!!

Love you,
Judy

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading through your list of joys. :) The amazing women I am privileged to walk this God-Sized dream journey with bring me JOY...thank you for being part of it! Hugs, sweet friend...blessings! :)

    ReplyDelete