Monday, July 18, 2011

My Safe Place



Happy Thursday!  I've been reviewing past posts.  The following is one I posted some time ago and I find it to be fresh encouragement.  May it be for you as well my friend.


I have a sign hung in the corner of my Study that helps me begin my day with a thankful heart.

"Cherish Each Day"

I see it when I enter every morning to meet with the Lord and I can almost hear Him speak the words aloud.

On the other side of the room I have a treasured print of Jesus kneeling in prayer which belonged to my grandfather.  In the same space God's Word proclaims Jeremiah 29:11 from a plaque sent to me from a dear  friend.

"For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord.  Plans to prosper you you and not to harm you.  plans to give you a hope and a future." 

A prayer above my desk cries -

 "Lord make me an instrument of YOUR peace." 

In my CD player I have a favorite recording of Hymns by Selah,

All of these, dear ones, help me to take a heart check and prepare it to listen for the words of my Savior as I lean into Him for yet another day.

Some days I get lost in His Word and revel at His grace pouring through the pages.  I can almost feel His hand gripping mine tightly.  Other days I run to Him with my breaking heart at conviction of my sinfulness.  On those days, most of all, I feel His tenderness as I read that "He is my refuge and strength..a very present help in times of trouble."

I have to admit that every day with Jesus, for this ordinary woman, is better than the day before.  It's His promise.  My choice - to believe.

Thanks for dropping by.....I'm praying for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment