Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Safe and Secure Under Wings of Love

The photograph below was forwarded to me along with a devotion.  When I looked at it my heart turned over as I looked closely at LOVE "up close and personal".  God's Word as recorded in Psalm 91 came to mind. It's a special passage beloved by many and I believe prayed daily by thousands.  I sometimes wonder how others visualize the passage and I gaze again at the photograph and this beautiful "mama bird"  portrays to me how the Lord of heaven and earth keeps us each close to His heart protecting us from assaults of the world, the flesh, and the devil.  When I read the psalmist's writing-
"The one  who lives under the protection of the Most High dwells in the shadow of the Almighty.  I will say to the LORD, 'My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.'  He Himself will deliver you from the hunter's net,  from the destructive plague, He will cover you with His feathers; you will take refuge under His wings.  His faithfulness will be a protective shield.  You will not fear the terror of the night, the arrow that flies by day, the plague that stalks in the darkness, or the pestilence that ravages at noon.  Though a thousand fall at your side and ten thousand at your right hand, the pestilence will not reach you.  You will only see it with your eyes and witness the punishment of the wicked.  Because you have made the LORD-my refuge the Most High- your dwelling place, no harm will come near your tent.  For He will give His angels orders concerning you, to protect you in all your ways.  They will support you with their hands so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.  You will tread on the lion and the cobra;  you will trample the young lion and the serpent. (and God's response)  Because he is lovingly devoted to ME, I will deliver him; I will exalt him because he knows My name.  When he calls out to Me, I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble.  I will rescue him and give him honor.  I will satisfy him with a long life and show him My salvation. Psalm 91 -
 When I read this - and glance again at "mama and her offspring" I find myself looking up....toward heaven....and I can almost see my Abba sitting on HIs throne...looking down at me!!!  Thank you LORD, thank you!!         

No comments:

Post a Comment