Friday, October 14, 2011

LIFE LESSON AT THE Y

Well, I did it. For nearly 2 years I have been dealing with health issues that have affected my favorite form of excercise....walking.  I still cannot walk the malls as I did so I joined the Y and am hoping to be able to conquer the treadmill.

Yesterday was my first day.  It looks so easy when you watch others...not so.  Starting slow but determined to hang in there.  I'm not out to win a race or a contest I just want to "keep moving".

As I write of my newest commitment I'm reminded of one of my favorite songs: "Press On", as recorded by Selah.  This song has meant so much to me in my faith journey over the past several years and I think I can apply it to my resolve to keep my body moving. 

"When the valley is deep
When the mountain is steep
When the body is weary
When we stumble and fall

When the choices are hard
When we're bittered and scarred
When we've spent our resources
When we've given our all

In Jesus' name, we press on
In Jesus' name, we press on
Dear Lord, with the prize
Clear before our eyes
We find the strength to press on

In Jesus' name, we press on
In Jesus' name we press on
Dear Lord, with the prize
Clear before our eyes
We find the strength to press on
To press on"

As the Lord calls me to go deeper in my relationship with Him and His people....I need to keep pressing on in His strength and that includes taking good care of this body He has given me - for He has miles yet for me to go.

Praise Him with me dear sister.

Love you,
Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment