Saturday, December 3, 2011

Saturday Blessings

Saturday

One of my favorite passages in the Bible can be found in Psalm 30, verses 4 and 5.

"Sing praises to the LORD, O you His saints, and give thanks to His holy name.  For His anger is but for a moment, and His favor is for a lifetime. Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning. "

This verse always reminds me that the joy of the Lord is my strength.  He is always faithful to His Word.

Today was a day that God's Word,  living and active,and sharper than a two edged sword; the previous two verses, described my last 24 hours.

I went to bed last night with a knot in my stomach.  When I walked downstairs to get my morning coffee before snuggling down with my bible in front of the Christmas tree I was going through the motions.  Turned on the tree lights...Glory....slipped the praise CD into the player and then headed for the kitchen.

Dark, strong and sweet coffee is one of my pleasures.  The hot mug, warm in my hand reminds me of how the Lord has warmed my heart.  I reach for Daily Light and turn to the reading for today. 

 The first words I read are -

"I would seek God, and to God I would commit my cause. (Job5:8) Is anything to hard for the Lord? (Gen.18:14) Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass. (Ps. 37:5) Be anxious for nothing but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your request be made known to God. (Phil. 4:6) Cast all your care upon Him, for He cares for you, (1 Pet.5:7)"

God's Word is personal
God's Word is practical
God's Word is penetrating
God's Word is powerful

As I sat in His presence reading through the Psalms I could feel His joy bubbling up in me as I handed Him my burdened heart.

I love His Word!

As the psalmist wrote - "Rest in God alone, my soul, for my hope is from Him.  He alone is my rock and my salvation, my stronghold; I will not be shaken." (Psalm 62:5-6)

My friend and sister in the Lord, Bev Muller, brought God's Word to a group of precious women today.  It was inspiring, strong and powerful.  We all were blessed! 

The burden of her heart and mine is that the Bible would be treasured, read, savored, shared, followed and loved by all.

The B-I-B-L-E , yes, that's the book for me!!!!!!!!!

In His love,
Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment