Thursday, January 26, 2012

Yesterday my friend Pam posted why we should be patient....to look at God's patience with us:
Why should we be patient? Because God is patient.
"The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance."
—2 Peter 3:9 (NASB)
 
This morning the Lord has shone His light on my impatience! (Not ME Lord?  Really? Argh!!!) Isn 't that just like us?  We can always "see" other's impatience much better than our own.

This morning, the 7th day since my cataract surgery, I am impatient.  Impatient to be done with the eye drops....impatient to again be able to bend over....impatient to see clearly, etc., etc.

I am not in pain....have had no problems other than waiting for my vision to adjust which affects my reading and there's the rub.

What can I do???????????  You know, don't you?  So do I!

Running to the Truth....to regain my focus -

"Summing it all up, friends, I'd say you'll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious - the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse."   Philippians 4:8 MSG
"Don't you know? Haven't you heard? The Lord is the everlasting God; he created all the world. He never grows tired or weary. No one understands his thoughts.  He strengthens those who are weak and tired.  Even those who are young grow weak; young people can fall exhausted.  But those who trust in the Lord for help will find their strength renewed. They will rise on wings like eagles; they will run and not get weary; they will walk and not grow weak."  Isaiah 40:28-31 NLT
Off with "stinking thinking". On with "true, beautiful, and praiseworthy thinking".
Off with "impatience".  On with "'trusting and waiting on the Lord.
Blessings and love from paradise....til' next time,
Judy

PS Thanks for the inspiration Pam!

No comments:

Post a Comment