Monday, November 12, 2012

Monday Afternoons

I'm sitting here looking at the screen on my laptop and looking heavenward for what the Lord would have me write today.

He knows what will spur us on to know Him better.

His Word stands the test of time.

"Be still and know that I am God."  His word speaks to me.  My mind races and I find myself literally running in circles (I call it spinning).  I want to know You Lord.  I live because You are!

Help me to focus on You.

"I will never leave you nor forsake you."

Such comfort in these 8 words.

The one true God, Creator of heaven and earth, Elohim, Jehovah,  King of Kings and Lord of Lords is watching over you and me, His word to perform.  He commands His angels charge over you and me to guard us in all our ways.

The beauty and power of His holy Word keep me standing when the world around me pushes me hard to fall.

Today I was reminded as I spoke with a friend over lunch that no matter what our circumstances at any given moment: " God IS our refuge; a very present help in time of trouble." "We are each, the apple of His eye".

So, I'm wondering, my friend, do you "Trust the Lord with all your heart and NOT lean on your own understanding, but in all your ways acknowledge Him" ??

It's my prayer.

















No comments:

Post a Comment