Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Your Life Is Woven by the Master Weaver


I have handwoven a small rug but have never used a loom  like the one pictured from a visit to the Botanical Gardens and adjacent Historic Village.

It was a wonderful outing, shared with dearest sister in Christ and heart friend "B".




While looking at this photo I'm reminded of a poem I first read in one of Corrie Ten Boom's writings.  

Dear Corrie shared this poem often as she tramped around the world sharing Jesus.  


My life is but a weaving
Between the Lord and me;
I may not choose the colors–
He knows what they should be.
For He can view the pattern
Upon the upper side
While I can see it only
On this, the under side.
Sometimes He weaves in sorrow,
Which seems so strange to me;
But I will trust His judgment
And work on faithfully.
‘Tis He who fills the shuttle,
And He knows what is best;
So I shall weave in earnest,
And leave to Him the rest.
Not ’til the loom is silent
And the shuttles cease to fly
Shall God unroll the canvas
And explain the reason why.
The dark threads are as needed
In the Weaver’s skillful hand
As the threads of gold and silver
In the pattern He has planned.
~ Benjamin Malachi Franklin
Reading this Classic christian poem reassures me that when this life is done...the pattern will have been woven together just as God had planned. See Romans 8:28
Be encouraged dear ones no matter what today has given you, let go and let God keep weaving your life.
Praying for you with thanksgiving,
Judy


No comments:

Post a Comment