Thursday, February 21, 2013

One More Step

It is just a week ago I was looking forward to an annual Women's Retreat to be held in Fruitland Park Florida.  I was traveling there with sisters in Christ from our church to gather with nearly 400 other women from all over Florida.  We were all looking forward to a time apart where we would fellowship, worship, soak up God's Word expressed through our speakers and let the beauty of the Lord fall on us. 

As I think back on those 3 days, on of the verses for the weekend come to mind.

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence indeed is the Lord.  He will be like a tree planted by water: it sends it'd roots out toward a stream, it doesn't fear when heat comes, and its foliage remains green.  It will not worry in a year of drought or cease producing fruit."
Jeremiah 17:7-8

"I pray that you, being rooted and firmly established in love, may be ale to comprehend with all the saints what is the length and width, height, and depth of God's love."
Ephesians 3:16-18 

Phrases that echo in my mind -

Is Christ at home in your heart?  The heart is where the home is.  

Are you lusting after the things of the world?  What are these things?  Do you have callouses on you heart?  The Lord will change your heart.  We can do nothing apart from Jesus.
Have you welcomed Christ into every area of your heart.

Have you prayed - "Lord I want this heart of mine to be totally yours...every part of it....I relinquish my control of my heart to You."?

On Saturday night I relinquished my ADD to the Lord, recognizing that it is how I process information and how I am prone to focus.
It is not an excuse.  I need my Savior to guide me on this path that He might be honored and glorified.

Another step to my God-sized dream.  Glory!

How is your heart?  I'd love to hear.

Love you,

Judy


No comments:

Post a Comment