Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Hearing The Lord Speak

Cold snap.....a very interesting term isn't it?

We've been listening for days about snow falling in many places across our country and how this week we could expect  "a cold snap"  According to all reports today, it has come and will be gone in a "snap", literally.  What ridiculous yet appropriate terminology for this cool air that I'm enjoying this afternoon.  I can feel the crispness and my spirit begins to soar. The chimes on the patio are making music accompanied by traffic sounds and a plane overhead coming closer to earth as it prepares to land.

All sounds that keep me tuned into the area around our home.

I ask myself...what does all this have to do with hearing the Lord speak??

Isn't He bigger than the voices of the world?


Psalm 139:1-24

English Standard Version (ESV)

Search Me, O God, and Know My Heart

To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David.

139 Lord, you have searched me and known me!
You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
    you discern my thoughts from afar.
You search out my path and my lying down
    and are acquainted with all my ways.
Even before a word is on my tongue,
    behold, O Lordyou know it altogether.
You hem me in, behind and before,
    and lay your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
    it is high; I cannot attain it.
Where shall I go from your Spirit?
    Or where shall I flee from your presence?
If I ascend to heaven, you are there!
    If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!
If I take the wings of the morning
    and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
10 even there your hand shall lead me,
    and your right hand shall hold me.
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness shall cover me,
    and the light about me be night,”
12 even the darkness is not dark to you;
    the night is bright as the day,
    for darkness is as light with you.
13 For you formed my inward parts;
    you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.[a]
Wonderful are your works;
    my soul knows it very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
    intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
    the days that were formed for me,
    when as yet there was none of them.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
    How vast is the sum of them!
18 If I would count them, they are more than the sand.
    I awake, and I am still with you.

.
With Jesus waiting for our daily conversations, we can be assured that He sees us.

He sees you, he sees me.

He knows our hearts, inside and out.

He knows when we think we don't matter, and wants us to know that there isn't anywhere we can remove ourselves from His view or His love and care for each of us.

May you and I make time each day to not only pray and read His Word but to listen that we might hear Him speak.

Oh Father, Thank you.  You are ever present in my heart and life.  I lift up all of my brothers and sisters in Christ to You and ask that you would watch over them, Your Word to perform.
In the name of Jesus, and for His sake,
Amen.

Blessings,
Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment