Friday, December 6, 2013

One of Those Days!!!!!


Have you ever had one of "those" days?

A day when you feel at the brink of ENOUGH ALREADY!

A day when you just want to run away - remember the old commercial for Calgon bath salts....a woman in the bathtub..surrounded by bubbles and uttering "Calgon, take me away"?

A day when you don't have any idea where "away" is, just not here in this time and place! Thoughts and feelings that are threatening to derail you.

A bruised heart tired of aching.  The problem?..... my heart is aching because I keep taking back a burden that the Lord has promised He will carry for me.

Have you ever been in the same predicament?

What do you do?

 I, finally, adjust my gaze heavenward.

Oh Lord Jesus, I am sorry.  I took my eyes off You and your promises.  Thank you for showing me my sin.  And thank you, too Lord, for reminding me that I am not up to doing what only you can do.
Noah built an Ark for You Lord.  The bible tells us that "Noah was a righteous man, blameless among his contemporaries; Noah walked with God." (Genesis 6:9)  The earth had become corrupt and violent in your eyes and was filled with violence.  Noah trusted You; not himself, not his friends and family but You. How do I know?  Your Word assures me over and over: "And Noah did this.  He did everything that God had commanded."   Help me to walk my talk and bring to my mind the scriptures that you have taught me that I might engrave them afresh on my heart in order to boldly go where the Apostle Paul wrote in Philippians 3:13-14 - "..but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Amen Lord, Amen.


Holding tight to His righteous right hand because He loves me.

Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment