Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Monday Blessings

Another day

Lord, show me the blessings of this new day I pray.

Yes, Lord I already have the first one on my prayer: another day with You.  Thank You.

Fresh eggs to scramble, strong coffee and all the fixins for another breakfast with my guy Ron.  Thank You.

Time in the Word this morning as I read again the account of King David  in 2 Samuel 12 as He faced His sin
and His heartwrenching prayer to you in Psalm 51.  Thank You.

Eugene Peterson's paraphrase of Psalm 51; especially verses 1-4: 

 1 Generous in love - God, give grace! Huge in mercy - wipe out my bad record.
2 Scrub away my guilt, soak out my sins in your laundry.
3 I know how bad I've been; my sins are staring me down.
4 You're the One I've violated, and you've seen it all, seen the full extent of my evil. You have all the facts before you; whatever you decide about me is fair. -Thank You.


An attitude change about cleaning - I'm not hating it .  Thank You

A phone call from a precious friend that turned my eyes toward your Word.  Thank You.

The smell of clean laundry fresh from the dryer. Thank You

The phone call from the dr. that knocked me down but not out.  Thank You.

Internet that allows me to reach out to others.  Thank You.

Prayer partners who prayed me to my feet.  Thank You

Encouraging words.  Thank You.

A fun movie that made me laugh.  Thank You

Your presence in this place.  Thank You.

I just want to say thank You, thank You, thank You, Lord !
Thank You for opening my eyes to my blessings!!
I pray that tomorrow will be another "Open Eyed" day.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment