Wednesday, September 28, 2011

LOOKING FOR HIS GLORY

This morning, as I often do, I picked up my hymnal during my devotional time.

So many of our hymns, old and new, are inspired by scripture. I love that.

This morning my favorite book of the bible provides the starting gate for a beloved hymn written by Clara H. Scott. It's a familiar verse; one I pray often before tasting my Lord's "Fresh Bread".

"OPEN MY EYES THAT I MAY SEE WONDERFUL THINGS IN YOUR LAW."
PSALM 119:118

If you know this hymn I invite you to sing along with me.  If you don't know the tune, look up into the Savior's eyes and recite the verses.

Open My Eyes That I May See

1.  Open my eyes that I may see glimpses of truth Thou hast for me;
     Place in my hands the wonderful key that shall unclasp and set me free.
    
Silently now I wait for Thee, ready my God, Thy will to see; open my eyes illumine me, Spirit divine!

2.  Open my ears that I may hear voices of truth Thou sendest clear;
     And while the wave notes  fall on my ear, everything false will disappear.

Silently now I wait for Thee, ready my God Thy will to see; open my ears, illumine me, Spirit divine!

3.  Open my my mouth, and let it bear gladly the warm truth everywhere;
     Open my heart, and let me prepare love with Thy children thus to share.

Silently now I wait for Thee, ready my God Thy will to see; open my heart, illumine me, Spirit divine!
Amen.

Would you join me for the next week or so and include this hymn in your quiet time - before you begin reading God's Word?  I'm going to record what He teaches me and share it with you in a future post.  I challenge you to do the same.

Looking for His glory,
Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment