Thursday, January 5, 2012

STOP, LOOK, AND LISTEN

Happy New Year dear friends,

When we were children our mommy or daddy taught us to "stop, look and listen" when we came to an intersection and wanted to cross the street.

Our heavenly daddy wants us to do the same on our life journey with Him.  If we stop...sit in His presence...as He says in his Word:

 "Be still and know that I am God, I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."
Psalm 46:10 ESV.

We lift our hearts to Him in prayer.

The Message puts the same verse this way-

 "Step out of the traffic; Take a long, loving look at me, your High God, above politics, above everything"

We fix our eyes on Jesus.  Not the world, not circumstances, no ! We look to Him who stills the storms, carries us when we see that our strength is not enough and gives us peace that passes all understanding.

We've stopped.....we've looked and now with His Word before us, we listen for His voice as it pertains to living His way.

This is the command He has given me for this year.  As I travel with Him I will be sharing the "nuts and bolts" of our journey. 

My prayer for you dear friends is that you will find time this year to Stop, Look and Listen!  I believe it will be a life changer!

With love,
Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment