Saturday, October 13, 2012

WHAT HAPPENED TO FRIDAY

Saturday morning in paradise!  The wind chime in my garden is making music as the wind rustles through the trees on this beautiful day!!!

Yesterday was a washout as far as writing is concerned.

In the morning a very nice young man appeared early for my AC maintenance.  I felt filled up to overflow with the Lord's peace as he worked and I worked on my Jeremiah lesson. The Lord gave me an opportunity to share when he asked "are you doing bible study?"  The kitchen counter was covered in papers, colored pencils my bible and the lesson I was studying.  He shared that he had grown up in my area of paradise and where he had attended church as a child and a need to find a church where he felt at home.  He said he had tried a few but hadn't been attending lately.

My hope is that he will remember our conversation and begin looking for a new church family again...a church where there is an active young adult ministry filled up with others like him who have Jesus in their hearts but have had difficulty fitting in.

As soon as he left I went back to my studying and began to feel sick all over.  My ability to concentrate flew out the door.  I read for awhile....prayed ..... and rested, going to bed early.

This morning, praise God, the Lord has chased yesterday's malady away.

I've been reviewing Who my God is this morning....He is my creator..He is my Friend....He is My Comfort...my Healer....the Lifter of my head.  He will NEVER leave me nor forsake me!  I have hope for He is the Hope of my life.

Glory!!

Oh Father, thank you for carrying me when the battle rages and for providing the weapon that will keep me standing and going forward - Your Word.  Greater are You who is in me than he who is in the world!  In Jesus' precious name, Amen!

Because He lives!!
Judy






No comments:

Post a Comment