Thursday, October 11, 2012

WHOSE MIND IS IT????????

Thursday afternoon my friends and it's been an interesting day.

Yesterday I began a record of how the Lord views me by taking a look at Psalm 139. My take away from verses 1-4 was:  God KNOWS.

He knows it ALL!

He knows the struggle I'm having with my mind.  It's like my mind has a mind of it's own.

WRONG

Thank you Lord for reminding me that your Word affirms I have the mind of Christ.


1 Corinthians 2:12-16

New American Standard Bible (NASB)
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may know the things freely given to us by God, 13 which things we also speak, not in words taught by human wisdom, but in those taught by the Spirit, [a]combining spiritual thoughts with spiritual words.
14 But [b]natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually [c]appraised. 15 But he who is spiritual appraises all things, yet he himself is appraised by no one. 16 For who has known the mind of the Lord, that he will instruct Him? But we have the mind of Christ.


The spirit of the world would like me to believe just the opposite.  He does not want me to think like Jesus.  He is the enemy of our souls and he seeks to devour and destroy all who claim Christ.  He is the father of lies and will do anything to keep us from honoring and glorifying our LORD as we follow Him!

My shield of faith safely secured will extinguish EVERY fiery dart of His sent my way;  including distractibility.  My sisters in Christ and I call these darts "the deadly Ds".

God's Word.....our offensive weapon when the enemy roars His head threatening to make us "turn and run" provides us strength and power to stand strong in our faith.

Thank you, thank you, Jesus for your personal care of me and my brothers and sisters in Christ.  Thank you that in these chaotic times we face we have one certainty: You, Jesus Christ, King of Kings and Lord of Lords are seated at the right hand of God the Father, forever interceding for us!

Right now I'm claiming His promise...I have the mind of Christ!

Glory!!!!

Judy




No comments:

Post a Comment